Door sealant

Horizontal smokers with a side firebox and tuning plates.
dbear
Just Got in trouble for buying tools

Door sealant

Post by dbear » January 2nd, 2019, 4:04 am

Hey guys, looking for a certain type of sealant for the CC doors, it's looks like a melted black rubber or some other material. I've seen it on a couple of pits, and its unlike the felt gaskets that are out there. Maybe some kind of black silicone or something similar? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

jadstar

Re: Door sealant

Post by jadstar » January 2nd, 2019, 9:19 am

dbear wrote:Hey guys, looking for a certain type of sealant for the CC doors, it's looks like a melted black rubber or some other material. I've seen it on a couple of pits, and its unlike the felt gaskets that are out there. Maybe some kind of black silicone or something similar? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Food grade RVT comes in red or black . Clean surface with alcohol apply bead .put plastic wrap on opposite surface and close door leave for 24 hours ....... Open door remote plastic wrap [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Re: Door sealant

Post by Dirtytires » January 3rd, 2019, 11:27 am

Just a bit of feedback on the felt gaskets- I used the self stick lava-rock and have hadthem on my pit for over 3 years now. Still look and functy great. I mention only because I was a bit skeptical of the ‘self stick’ claim but am a believer at this point.

Great success with the rvt by many also so you can’t go wrong.

Return to “Standard Offsets”