RIP dacolson

If you just want to shoot the breeze or find out what's going on at SmokerBuilders, try here.
hogaboomer
Expert
Expert
Title: old pipe welder
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

RIP dacolson

Post by hogaboomer » December 27th, 2021, 5:36 pm

Been wondering why we haven't heard from him in a while, so I googled him. This is what I found: :(

Nice photo of him in the link.

https://www.startribune.com/obituaries/ ... 0000406464

Colson, David Aaron Everyone has a story. David Colson's story started with his arrival on April 7th, 1972, in New Haven, CT. It did not end with his sudden passing on Oct. 21st, 2021. It's still being written in vibrant, transformative color by his wife of 25 years, Nicole; his daughters Ellie and Eva; loving parents, Dr. Steven and Donna Colson, his brothers Dr. Douglas, Spencer, Dr. Steven and Brent; big sisters Maria and Susan and their remarkable spouses and children, as well as in-laws who loved him as a son and brother, Dr. Wallace and Rose Simpson, Robin Simpson and Chris Simpson and their beautiful families. He also leaves behind his beloved beagle mix Huckle, the third in a line of rescue dogs. David's generosity, humor, empathy, and willingness to help drew friends that became family. He cast his net wide and we're fortunate to feel the genuine, unfettered love from across his many communities and relationships. From high school friends and neighbors in Farmington to Tiger Band parents, and dear co-workers first at Dell/EMC, then Ahead and now Rubrik, where he thrived as a sales manager. The middle of seven children, David grew up in Cheshire, CT, before moving with his family to Richland, WA, where he graduated from Richland High School in 1991. He attended several colleges including Rainy River Community College in International Falls, then earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Ecology, Evolution and Animal Behavior from the University of Minnesota. Nicole had the good fortune to meet David at college in Bellingham, WA in 1994. He always said it was his best sales job, as she said yes when he proposed 7 weeks later on a train from Seattle to St. Paul. Married in November 1995, David and Nicole welcomed daughter Ellie Rose in 2001 and Evangeline Marie in 2005. His girls were the suns lighting his days on earth. He proudly cheered and whistled at their concerts, worked props and drove trailer for marching band and introduced them to the wonders of welding, and smoking meats in rigs he designed and built. We miss David, but he never left a word, a wink or an "I love you" unsaid. He made us better people. We are forever grateful for his life and his love. A service is planned on Rainy Lake later in the spring when he would have turned 50. In lieu of flowers, memorials preferred to Voyageurs Conservancy, voyageurs.org/… or Midwest Animal Rescue, midwestanimalrescue.com

Published on October 24, 2021

I live on Hogaboom Road.

tinspark
Expert
Expert
Title: Papa Oso

Re: RIP dacolson

Post by tinspark » December 27th, 2021, 8:08 pm

Awe man, I was wondering too.
Way to young.
Truly sad news!
I am sure his family and girls will miss him greatly.
I had missed his insights and enthusiasm to help new members out in his absence, and figured that he had to take a demanding job or something. !! :,(

Regards,
"tinspark's" build links below:
Last build-GF:https://smokerbuilder.com/forums/viewto ... 30#p114730
First build- Santa Maria Smoker:
https://smokerbuilder.com/forums/viewto ... 7a614a230a
Santa Maria Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7533&p=112344&hili ... 34#p112344

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Post by Big T » December 27th, 2021, 10:26 pm

I certainly hate to hear this, he was always very helpful. I was also wondering where he'd been and figured it was work keeping him away from the forum.

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

Pete Mazz
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Meathead

Post by Pete Mazz » December 28th, 2021, 2:56 am

Wow! So sad. Glad you found the info. Most times it's just the end of the build and on to other pursuits. He'll be missed.

If it's tourist season, how come I can't shoot 'em?

Don't speak the language? Try this: Smoker Terminology

Try my SmokerBuilder Calculators

JKalchik
Expert
Expert
Title: Member

Post by JKalchik » December 28th, 2021, 3:42 pm

:( No words.

"Measure with micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with fireaxe." Ted M., USCG (ret)
"Smoked pork. It belongs in me." Giles L

SheffSmoker
Expert
Expert
Title: Junk Fettler
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing, normally too drunk.

Post by SheffSmoker » December 29th, 2021, 11:02 am

Aw man, I can't believe I'm reading this. Dave was always super helpful and a real nice bloke. :(

I too was wondering where he was but didn't have a private way to get in touch bar this forum.

You can never have too many hammers.

ThinBlue
SmokerBuilder Addict
SmokerBuilder Addict
Title: Serious goof

Post by ThinBlue » January 2nd, 2022, 1:52 am

That is very sad news. I haven't been around here very long but I've spent quite a bit of time browsing older topics and his contribution to the community here was evident.

hogaboomer
Expert
Expert
Title: old pipe welder

Post by hogaboomer » January 2nd, 2022, 12:19 pm

I live on Hogaboom Road.

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » January 2nd, 2022, 3:02 pm

Sad news for sure.

Return to “Let's Talk!”