Coolers

If you just want to shoot the breeze or find out what's going on at SmokerBuilders, try here.
Mo Smoke
Expert
Expert

Coolers

Post by Mo Smoke » June 13th, 2022, 5:26 am

What kind of coolers do you use guys? I have 2 of the long Coleman Marine coolers. They work good but they are too big for a one man show. Tough to get in and out of my garage. I’m looking for something medium sized but big enough to stack a couple of full sized aluminum pans inside. Thought about wheeled coolers but wouldn’t want food like beans to spill inside so I’m wondering about some kind of Dolly setup I can easily throw in the car along with the cooler, get where I’m going, set the cooler on it, wheel it inside while keeping everything warm… no spills, less trips back and forth to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke em if ya got em.

JKalchik
Expert
Expert
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Coolers

Post by JKalchik » June 14th, 2022, 7:55 am

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/search ... rrier.html

Maybe look over some of the stuff there.

Me, I'm still on coolers,but they're all smaller than your Marine coolers, and I'm no transporting sloppy stuff like beans.

"Measure with micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with fireaxe." Ted M., USCG (ret)
"Smoked pork. It belongs in me." Giles L

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » June 14th, 2022, 8:17 am

I'm also using smaller coolers so that they are more manageable. One thing that really helps is having the proper containers to fit inside the coolers. I have built up quite a collection of the square cambro containers with the color coded lids. I've got them from 2 qt all the way up to 12qt. They stack easily, have volume markings on them for reference and are easy to handle...can't say enough good things about them.

Mo Smoke
Expert
Expert

Post by Mo Smoke » June 14th, 2022, 2:08 pm

I appreciate that link to webrestaurant. I usually look there for baking supplies for my wife. I actually thought about the insulated bags a long time ago but never got around to checking them out. Combined with a fold up cart/wagon I think that’s my best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke em if ya got em.

Return to “Let's Talk!”