A few build questions???

Also called Stump's Clone.
dgilbert71
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker

A few build questions???

Post by dgilbert71 » January 6th, 2021, 8:22 am

First of all thanks to everyone who replies! The experience and help in this group is awesome! I’m about to start building my frame out the next few evenings. The questions I have are:

Does anyone wish they built the stance of the wheels wider. Does the smoker feel like it could tip over easy rolling around?

I haven’t found any pictures of anyone building the smoker where the door opens towards the firebox? I would like to do that so I could extend the left side out and have a nice shelf and storage underneath. Basically mounting the smoker on a bigger roll around cart?

I may update this thread with more questions as I go because I’m sure I will have a lot! As I get started these are the big ones right now. Thanks for your help!!

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Re: A few build questions???

Post by Dirtytires » January 6th, 2021, 10:50 am

No need to get crazy with wheel placement. Put your wheels at the outside corners and you will be fine.

Not sure I would want to work over my firebox so would probably say it’s not a great idea to open the cook chamber that direction.

dgilbert71
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker

Re: A few build questions???

Post by dgilbert71 » January 6th, 2021, 3:08 pm

I’m never good explaining what I’m thinking! Might be because I don’t know what I’m doing! LOL! I should have used google image search to begin with! This is what I was thinking kinda? Probably overthinking it and need to just stick to the plans! Thanks for the reply!!
Attachments
ECE7B456-A17B-417C-B95D-CAA9F96AD216.jpeg