coil to create hot water supply

Haul in here to talk trailers.
Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBQ Comp Team Name: https://smokerbuilderu.com

coil to create hot water supply

Post by Frank_Cox » January 22nd, 2011, 9:14 pm

(this post was transferred from our old forums)

Author Topic: coil to create hot water supply
calbob

Post coil to create hot water supply
on: January 13, 2011, 19:11

has anyone created a coil from thier heat sourse to hotwater tank? if so or if not and have ideas please feel free write and lets talk……..i’m not sure of even where to begin but feel that it will awesome to do so on my catering rig i am building now…..thanx calbob

I have loved to feed people for 45 years and I have been feeding them the same menu for 38 year, just go to my web site and enjoy. my first resturant was in cottonwood ARZ. my second was in CDA ID my last was my virtual resturant in San Fransisco at my web site…..this is my last move to Kerrville TX. and i,m about to start a one man show and show my new friends my passion. i am about to add a reverse smoker to my catering trailor and i will building it myself…HooooaaaH…..calbob

Smoker Tom

Post Re: coil to create hot water supply
on: January 13, 2011, 22:01

Its funny you mention that Calbob. I had thoughts about this same thing a few years ago and never followed thru with it.

Since I have been working on my trailer I have planed to buy a instant hot water system,http://www.eztankless.com/products/tank ... 1-outdoor/.

I was going to use one of these with a 12 volt ondemand water pump.

I do think a coil type system would work Great, possibly even with a gravity system.

I honestly think a guy could put a 4 or 6 inch pipe at the top inside of the smoke chamber and use it as a type of water holding tank.

I am still on the fence since I plan to change my smoker next fall.

calbob

on: January 14, 2011, 05:49

that sounds better then a coil next thought is how would copper affect our product? would galvanze contaimate our product? i have thought about putting a coil in a sleeve on bottom outside fire box. and then use a household circulation pump to assure a tank of water probably just under 200 degres F……I am trying to build a wagon that would not require power to maintain health codes as i cook for MC clubs all the time in remote locations….your last thoughts w/ on demand sounds really good too……..calbob

I have loved to feed people for 45 years and I have been feeding them the same menu for 38 year, just go to my web site and enjoy. my first resturant was in cottonwood ARZ. my second was in CDA ID my last was my virtual resturant in San Fransisco at my web site…..this is my last move to Kerrville TX. and i,m about to start a one man show and show my new friends my passion. i am about to add a reverse smoker to my catering trailor and i will building it myself…HooooaaaH…..calbob

Smoker Tom

on: January 14, 2011, 18:36

Even tho galv was used as a standard for plumbing years ago, I don’t think I would use it now.

Copper should have no ill effects as that is what modern plumbing is along with some boilers.

Finding copper in the large dia size may be tough.

If you are looking for the health code stuff, then I would go with the water heater I linked to. 150 bucks, a propane tank, and a 50 dollar on demand pump. Oh yes a battery too, so for under 250 bucks you are hooked up and legal. The pump, when powered applies pressure to the system and shuts off. When a valve is opened and the pressure drops the pump turns on until the pressure is back up.

These heaters can provide tons of hot water. I read a review of 13 people taking showers and never running cold.

I am still on the fence, cant decide what features of my trailer are more important to get done first.

Smoker Tom

on: January 14, 2011, 18:51

Hey calbob, I moved your post to the general discussion since we don’t yet have a catagory for misc smoker modifications.

Right now with this forum being new its not to hard to keep track of but after several post things get confusing fast. Just trying to keep things easy to find for other new folks.

Thanks
Tom