Lights for a trailer?

Haul in here to talk trailers.
dhafling
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker

Lights for a trailer?

Post by dhafling » November 24th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Watched a video of a manufacturer I can not find now that talked about the type of lights he reccomended. What kind of lighting do you use on your trailers? Not the lights for the trailer brakes, etc. but the lights for night time smoking. So that you can light up your work area and smoker. I will not have a roof over the smoker. Thoughts?

tinspark
Expert
Expert
Title: Papa Oso

Re: Lights for a trailer?

Post by tinspark » November 25th, 2020, 8:09 am

Depends if you are using 12v DC and the vehicles power, or you are talking 120V AC lighting. There are a ton of options where you can come up with your own stuff based on what you are actually trying to accomplish.
A lot of guys in my neck of the woods run a generator and have a food truck or even trailer parked on the side of the road with tables, which seem to be full most of the time BTW. They light up their cook area and other areas too. You can do an easy internet search to find a myriad types of lights and then fabricate mounting options and configurations to suit your needs.

Regards,
"tinspark's" build links below:
Last build-GF:https://smokerbuilder.com/forums/viewto ... 30#p114730
First build- Santa Maria Smoker:
https://smokerbuilder.com/forums/viewto ... 7a614a230a
Santa Maria Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7533&p=112344&hili ... 34#p112344

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Re: Lights for a trailer?

Post by Dirtytires » November 25th, 2020, 1:18 pm

I just changed my Rv house lights over to led. It makes a huge difference in battery usage over the older incandescent bulbs. More expensive but if you are going 12 volt, it’s worth every cent.

Return to “Trailer Fabrication”