Multi-process welder

Talk about welders and metal working equipment.
MattJ
Wants More tools
Wants More tools
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Multi-process welder

Post by MattJ » April 1st, 2017, 10:11 pm

Hey all,
I am thinking about upgrading from my Lincoln weldpack 3200hd welder. I am interested in getting a multiprocess welder because occasionally I would like to TIG things.

I have been looking at the Tweco fabricator 211i, Lincoln 210 mp, Miller multimatic 215 primarily. Today while searching I came across this
SÜA ionMig 250 IGBT MIG Welding Machine 220 V FLUX CORED/Lift TIG/STICK

Anyone familiar with any of these machines?

Raptor0690

Re: Multi-process welder

Post by Raptor0690 » May 13th, 2017, 9:55 am

I've been using the Lincoln 210 mp, for a couple months now. It runs great, lots of 7018 and a couple 12lb rolls of .035. very nice arc, easy to set up, the wire feeder runs perfect, no issues at all.

h2orescuemedic
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by h2orescuemedic » May 23rd, 2017, 2:14 pm

I have a Miller Syncrowave 210 Welder, I bought the combo deal for just about 3000 out the door. It come with every thing for stick,mig,tig. AC tig has just a little more then basic setting for ac tig. Pulse, cleaning % adjustable, freq adjustable. its a inverter box so you can run 110 or 220. The miller rep was in the store when I was looking and stared telling me about all the difference between the welders. He stated the inverter power plant in side the syncrowave has the same part number as a miller dynasty but different software and different control panel. The Miller rep swore I could run it off a generator was a big selling point to me along with it can do anything I can throw at it. This is after 3 months of research and reading and watching every video I could find on the welders that I was looking at. And after much time spent This was my final choice.

this is the first inverter I have ever welded with and I can tell you it burns stick rods better then any thing I have ever used in my life. (witch is not saying much but its got stupid power on stick rods.) All the mig is done with a spool gun. so If your welding in tight spots might not be for you. I have welded up 1/4 steel plate very solid first pass. welder was set at about 22v. room temp was about 70 deg, and even after long runs of 2 minutes or more of solid welding the cooling fan would shut off pretty quickly after stopping. A few times I have even had it blow throw 1/4 plate, so I know I am getting good fusion or penetration.

I have built quite a few things using the tig And love the tig set on this welder. just messing around the other day when I was putting the 1/4 plate together. I cranked the welder to 200, pushed the plates together held a very close arc, smash the petal for a sec and the plate was spot welded very good, couldn't pull apart with your hands with out bending or smacking very hard with a hammer. that was only after a 1/2 second of power.

It was a lot of money and if I had to do it again. I would buy another one tomorrow if this one died. but is got 2 more years of warranty left so all good on this end.

wvuarmyeng
beginner
beginner

Post by wvuarmyeng » July 11th, 2017, 8:23 pm

I am just getting into welding some in my spare time (which seems to not exist lol) we have a miller 160 (I think???) at work that I have played with a little but have spent a good bit of time on a Lincoln 210 mp and def love it. just used MIG haven't had time to mess with stick yet but do plan on it. is it worth my while getting the 210 or going for one of the Hobart model 190.

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Post by Big T » July 11th, 2017, 9:16 pm

I would get the best machine that I could afford, you never know what you'll want to weld next.

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

ajfoxy
Expert
Expert
Title: Neophyte Smoker Bldr

Post by ajfoxy » July 12th, 2017, 2:12 am

:yth: what Big T said.

Definitely get the best you can afford. Preferably a name brand, but don't get hung up on "tool snobbery". Basically make sure it can do what you want now and what you might want down the road.
Especially if you are married, you most likely are only going to get one shot at it, make it count ... then the purse strings get yanked shut tighter than a sharks arse and that's water tight. :D

Learning generally boils down to "Repetition or the avoidance of pain", some people learn by doing, some by watching and some just have to pee on the electric fence.

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

Rodcrafter
Title: Member

Post by Rodcrafter » July 12th, 2017, 6:11 am

:yth:

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

wvuarmyeng
beginner
beginner

Post by wvuarmyeng » July 17th, 2017, 11:24 am

actually my wife wants me to get one haha she has "projects" that she wants made lol ohboy

right now I'm looking at either the Hobart 190 or 210 and the Hobart ac/dc stickmate lx 235 or just the Lincoln 210 MP... unless yall think id be better off with the two hobarts

not sure which one to get first. I can MIG and want to learn stick... now just waiting for rural king or tractor supply to put them on sale

Smurf
Expert
Expert
Title: Lets all have fun

Post by Smurf » July 17th, 2017, 7:24 pm

:beer: As everybody has said get the best one in your price range. Hard to go wrong with Lincoln or miller. With the wife on board it's even better.

Return to “Welding and Metal Working”