Cookin' for work

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
towtruck
Expert
Expert

Cookin' for work

Post by towtruck » February 11th, 2021, 1:48 pm

Cooking for work again.....I'm smoking 4 racks of baby back ribs in the rain right now trying to get them ready to take to work. Once at work I will be doing four tri-tips as well. The rain started a bit ago and I think I am okay to finish the ribs as they are about to come out of the crutch. I will be able to pull the bbq indoors once at work to do the tri-tip.....I'll try and get pics later tonight....were going to eat well today!

dacolson

Re: Cookin' for work

Post by dacolson » February 11th, 2021, 9:03 pm

How’d it turn out? All smiles and greasy fingers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » February 12th, 2021, 1:58 am

Turned out really good. My smoker was warm for 13 hours. Did ribs and tri-tips. I'll get a couple pics up in the morning.....

The best reaction was my buddy that poo poo's everything. He doesn't like this, doesn't like that, he makes it the best way, I don't like sauce......blah blah blah......He took one bite of my rib with sauce and rolls his eyes back and says "damn"....that is all I needed to hear.

Pete Mazz
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Meathead

Post by Pete Mazz » February 12th, 2021, 3:48 am

:beer: :beer: :beer:

If it's tourist season, how come I can't shoot 'em?

Don't speak the language? Try this: Smoker Terminology

Try my SmokerBuilder Calculators

JKalchik
Expert
Expert
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by JKalchik » February 12th, 2021, 8:36 am

@towtruck, definitely take that as a compliment!

"Measure with micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with fireaxe." Ted M., USCG (ret)
"Smoked pork. It belongs in me." Giles L

dacolson

Post by dacolson » February 12th, 2021, 8:50 am

:points:

Saskattak
SmokerBuilder Addict
SmokerBuilder Addict

Post by Saskattak » February 12th, 2021, 8:51 am

I believe I am like most with a smoker and can say I absolutely love cooking for others/groups. It's not an ego thing but a satisfaction of others delight in my food. Good job feeding the coworkers!!

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » February 12th, 2021, 2:45 pm

The ribs were for my buddy at the fab shop and for me to have at the house. I made the ribs first and took them over to my buddy.....here is my portion of the four racks.....

There was a guy I did not know at the fab shop that ate a rib as well and he loved them. I have my system for smoking them and it seems to be working for everyone's taste....I know myself and the wife never complain and they never last long in the fridge.

I brought in a few ribs to work as one of the new officers I trained wanted to try them. He said he has never had one better. We are going to plan a rib dinner next I believe.

For work we did two sets of tri tips. two for each cook. Very simple S+P only seared then smoked to 135-140*. They all came out perfect and there was nothing left after dinner.

I started my smoker at 7 am for the ribs and it was still warm when I started the trip tips.....I pulled the last meat off at 7 pm.

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » February 12th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Saskattak wrote:
February 12th, 2021, 8:51 am
I believe I am like most with a smoker and can say I absolutely love cooking for others/groups. It's not an ego thing but a satisfaction of others delight in my food. Good job feeding the coworkers!!

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk
I like doing it as well......the others need to step up their side dish game though. This is the second meal where all we had to go with the meat was bread. I'll run the pit and trim the meat but the others are in charge of sides. The two guys that used to do all the sides are on a different shift now.

hogaboomer
Expert
Expert
Title: old pipe welder
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by hogaboomer » February 12th, 2021, 6:47 pm

That's an impressive smoke ring on those ribs!

I live on Hogaboom Road.

dacolson

Post by dacolson » February 12th, 2021, 7:17 pm

:yth: Those tritips look great. Gotta up my game and start doing them. Adding tomahawk steaks too. Valentines dinner!

Return to “FOOD!”