Tis the Season for Makin Bacon

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
The Czar
Expert
Expert
Title: Spam Hammerer
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
I'm Certifiable

Tis the Season for Makin Bacon

Post by The Czar » November 3rd, 2013, 2:34 pm

He should be taking 10 but that stupid highway is sooooo boring!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you can't fix it by sheer force or cursing......then it can't be fixed.....

AKA= The Czar

jaybird302
Needs more Steel
Needs more Steel
Title: I'm a Dude...
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Tis the Season for Makin Bacon

Post by jaybird302 » November 4th, 2013, 2:21 am

dcman (The Czar) wrote:He should be taking 10 but that stupid highway is sooooo boring!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We go to Dauphin Island, Al. Every other summer and I agree that stretch from just outside NOLA to Mobile is brain numbing... I'm in the DFW area of North Texas. Solo, where are you at good sir?

Jay

Rodcrafter
Title: Member

Post by Rodcrafter » November 4th, 2013, 9:35 am

SoloQue wrote:WOW it just sunk in how many miles you are planning on traveling ... you are gonna be behind the wheel more than a few hours and I thought Alabama to Illinois was a strain. You're coming up from deep Florida right and hanging a left on 10?
Yes Solo, we are going that way, then on up to Kilgore TX about 17 hours.

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

SoloQue
Expert
Expert
BBQ Comp Team Name: Irv's Smokehouse

Post by SoloQue » November 4th, 2013, 7:37 pm

jaybird302 wrote:We go to Dauphin Island, Al. Every other summer and I agree that stretch from just outside NOLA to Mobile is brain numbing... I'm in the DFW area of North Texas. Solo, where are you at good sir?
I'm in B'ham Ala. My daughter was at Dauphin Island Sea Lab this whole summer and will be there at least the next 2 summers. She's studying Marine Biology and hopefully will be interning there as part of the Manatee Watch Program during graduate school. OK ...proud father moment ... back to BBQ :D

If it can't be smoked .... try frying it. It that don't work, it's probably best just left alone

SoloQue
Expert
Expert
BBQ Comp Team Name: Irv's Smokehouse

Post by SoloQue » November 4th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Rodcrafter wrote:Yes Solo, we are going that way, then on up to Kilgore TX about 17 hours
17 hrs ... that's butt numbing just reading it :homer:

If it can't be smoked .... try frying it. It that don't work, it's probably best just left alone

jaybird302
Needs more Steel
Needs more Steel
Title: I'm a Dude...

Post by jaybird302 » November 7th, 2013, 12:38 am

SoloQue wrote: I'm in B'ham Ala. My daughter was at Dauphin Island Sea Lab this whole summer and will be there at least the next 2 summers. She's studying Marine Biology and hopefully will be interning there as part of the Manatee Watch Program during graduate school. OK ...proud father moment ... back to BBQ :D
That sea lab is pretty cool! I've only been in it long enough to get my fishing license, but they have some pretty sweet equipment there. It's pretty neat for us to go and visit the island and see a whole new world of critters, the kids had a blast chasing the crabs around. It's good to be a proud dad, not a thing wrong with that!

Jay

Return to “FOOD!”