It must have happened....here's the pics

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
Grabber70Mach
Expert
Expert

Re: It must have happened....here's the pics

Post by Grabber70Mach » March 24th, 2015, 8:10 am

That's some great looking grub.

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

forty_creek
Expert
Expert
Title: 40 Ways 2 Kansas
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by forty_creek » March 24th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Thanks Grabber! I cant agree enough on your moron quote!

It wasn't my best effort but it sufficed! I am bad about waiting to long to start at times. I got busy doing other things then I realized crap I should have already started the egg...

DRANKIN, SMOKIN and DREAMIN

Grabber70Mach
Expert
Expert

Post by Grabber70Mach » March 24th, 2015, 12:34 pm

I can understand about getting started too late. I always have grand plans for my weekend meals but time seems to get away from me.

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Puff
Expert
Expert
Title: Always All In !

Post by Puff » March 24th, 2015, 4:16 pm

What is worse than that is starting too late in life.

But anyhow... So the egg is worth looking into? I need a new grill next year and usually bought one of those $500.00 Lowe's units with the stainless hood and other stuff stuck all over it. They hold up 10 yrs so...then time for another.

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

forty_creek
Expert
Expert

Post by forty_creek » March 24th, 2015, 7:02 pm

I love a stick burner do not get me wrong. I do not like gas burners (personal preference). My dad bragged and bragged on how good my step mom could grill a steak on her gasser... they finally bought a BGE and I do not know what they did w/ the gasser. Less than 6 months later he bought a BGE XL for his lake camp.

I like the BGE for the patio, however I do plan to one day build a patio size RF. The egg or Kamado Joe's or Primo's are very economical fuel effiency wise. But they do cost up front. They are not cheap. I see Big Mo hauling his around on TV. I have hauled mine once to a tailgate. I said never again. I have a BGE-L. No complaints. Will cook as low as you wanta cook or sear a steak. Very universal IMO. I love pizza's on it so does my friends and wife. One of my friends bought an egg because his wife wanted him to cook pizzas. I can turn a pizza out in about 8-10mins once I get it going (store bought crust). I do plan to venture out and make my own calzone's one day from scratch. The BGE-L cooking surface is 18"s. The XL is 22 I think. To me the L fits perfect for up to 6-8 to steaks. 2 Butts. With a rib rack you can load it up. I cook stuffed bell peppers on it also. You use lump charcoal and wood chunks.

I would stay a way from the ones I have seen at HD and Lowes and Academy... personally. They are knock offs IMO. If you can find an eggfest near you and find the dealer who is providing eggs for the fest. Normally they will knock off some of the cost after the fest. I have a friend who bought one like that. He had never smoked or grilled anything prior to buying an egg. Now he's a pro...in his opionion. They are very easy to maintain.

Puff- I am sure you could build a very nice table with your wood crafting skillz!

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » March 24th, 2015, 9:01 pm

Table? I'll eat stand in' up....! :D

Thanks FortyCreek, you clearly have some experience with them. Saw one at Sams a few weeks back and only saw one on line when looking for the iGrill2. Certainly odd looking but so is a reverse flow to the average guy!

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

forty_creek
Expert
Expert

Post by forty_creek » March 24th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Puff- the eggs and the other ceramic cookers you would need either to buy a nest w/ rollers or table or build a table...of course you can add rollers/casters to the table. I bought the table they had at the place I bought my egg. It still works fine.

They are nice rigs. My wife tried to get me to sell them. Myself and my egg have sold 7-8 more eggs... That reminds me, I still have not received my commission check....LOL

Rodcrafter
Title: Member

Post by Rodcrafter » March 25th, 2015, 6:07 am

:LG: :beer:

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » March 25th, 2015, 7:44 pm

GEEZ...not to be hard headed but are you saying that when you buy an egg, it does not come with a frame to hold it upright?
Going to look this thing up...I'll be back

EDIT: odd that it comes as a ceramic bowl and you need to buy something to support it. But they clearly sell a bunch of em

A clever plot to sell accessories
Last edited by Puff on March 25th, 2015, 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

forty_creek
Expert
Expert

Post by forty_creek » March 25th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Correcto! It may come with a nest...I do not remember. But I do not remember getting any credit for not getting the nest and getting a table instead

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Return to “FOOD!”