I need a rough guesstimate

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
mazdaparts
Needs more Steel
Needs more Steel
Title: Enthusiast
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: I need a rough guesstimate

Post by mazdaparts » February 11th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Pork loin turned out great. I pulled it off the smoker at 144 (stayed at 144 for 45 minutes), wrapped it in foil and then a towel into a small cooler. It was in the cooler for almost 45-60 minutes but still hot and juicy. The ribs turned out pretty good too, but I should have left them in a little longer as 2 of the 3 racks were meatier and not as tender as I wanted, but they tasted good. I've been eating ribs for lunch for 2 days now and have had a few coworker sample them as well. We reheated the loin leftovers monday evening and had them for supper. I sliced some really thin for a sandwich and it was pretty tasty. It was still as juicy the second day and there is enough leftover for another sandwich (midnight snack). I wish could have gotten some pics but by the time I was done slicing the ribs I was starving and dug in.

Is it normal for one testicle to be larger than the other two?

coma44
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Title: Lets Ride!
BBQ Comp Team Name: Squeal Appeal and the Piglets

Re: I need a rough guesstimate

Post by coma44 » February 12th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Since you will be resting the loin once it is ready . I would warm up a cooler with some hot water for about an hour before the loin comes out, say about 3 gallons of real hot tap water pour it in close the cooler up. Once the loin is ready to come out drain the cooler. wrap the loin up or put it in a pan that fits in the cooler and cover with foil.

Place the loin in the cooler. cover with a few clean towels close it up while the ribs finish off.

I do this with pulled pork and Brisket now and I find if I let it cooler rest for at least an hour and a half it makes for a much better product.

If it ain't BBQ it ain't food.
In need of more steel and time!

Return to “FOOD!”