bbq FUNDRAISER in process

argolee504
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!

bbq FUNDRAISER in process

Post by argolee504 » February 23rd, 2013, 10:25 am

I have been trying to raise money for a lady here that has cancer and can't work so we got together and built a bbq pit on a trailer we have sold tickets for. we have brought in some money but not really enough. We are also having a bbq on march 2nd to help out. guess important looking for ideas on what else to try.We were having thedrawing on march 1 st for the pit and bbq on the next day. just hoping someone here might have ideas. the economy here is bad so can't charge much per plate but thought about maybe a fishfry .anyone got ideas

El Gato
Expert
Expert
Title: HKU university
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: bbq FUNDRAISER in process

Post by El Gato » February 23rd, 2013, 1:40 pm

I wish i could help with ideas.
But it seems the more the price of gas goes up, the less people spend.

argolee504
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!

Post by argolee504 » February 23rd, 2013, 2:04 pm

very true

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Post by Tom_Heath » February 24th, 2013, 10:52 pm

We have done a couple fundraisers in the past.

We have always pre sold spare ribs. untrimed slabs 20 bucks

If anyone says wow thats high, just tell them you are not trimming the ribs and that they will be shocked when they see the size. We have always done very well at raising money this way.

I really dont have a clue on the per plate price.

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

SoloQue
Expert
Expert
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Irv's Smokehouse

Post by SoloQue » February 25th, 2013, 8:31 am

Smoker Tom wrote:We have always pre sold spare ribs. untrimed slabs 20 bucks
Down here the big hitters are the butts for $25-$30 a pop. I'm talking bare minimum prep for excess fat and maybe 4 ounces of apple juice injected, a quick lather of cheap mustard and a light dusting of rub. We cook them to 185-188 and pull them off into a foil wrap and a paper bag. My daughter's youth group has been selling these for as long as I can remember. I hit Sam's for a case price on the butts cause my wife can't touch their prices on bulk buys. Hope this gives you another option.

If it can't be smoked .... try frying it. It that don't work, it's probably best just left alone

alleyrat58
Expert
Expert
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: TWSS! BBQ

Post by alleyrat58 » February 26th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Are you getting the meat donated or do you have to cover costs? This is where most fundraisers go astray. If the meat is donated you can charge, say, $5 a plate and it's all profit. If you have to cover costs that is another story.

Social Media is a big win for fundraisers. Start a page and advertise the hell out of it. Post it up here and we will help you push it from our pages. Accept online donations through paypal and you open up a whole new audience. Selling Q is one way to go, but soliciting nationwide for donations to help someone out will give you a new group of funding to target.

Not sure where you are located, but focus on the local cuisine that folks like - in NE it's beef or ribs. Pulled pork just doesn't sell here as well. So you need to think about that also. Get some local radio stations to advertise the fund raiser, most will do it for free - also reach out to local tv and cable networks, many of them will also help out with advertising.

Nothing I like more than to kick back with a Zima and a Virgina Slim reading 50 Shades of Grey with DCman (The Czar).

The Czar
Expert
Expert
Title: Spam Hammerer
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
I'm Certifiable

Post by The Czar » February 26th, 2013, 6:13 pm

:yth: times two... :wtf: are we talking about again?

If you can't fix it by sheer force or cursing......then it can't be fixed.....

AKA= The Czar

argolee504
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!

Post by argolee504 » February 26th, 2013, 6:53 pm

on this fundraiser were choosing the winner on March the first I had no idea that I could even ask to sell tickets on this for :chef: um I will probably try this again because I actually haven't done all that well. I've done okay but nothing like we had hope but this was really the first time I've tried something like this. I will start building another 1 and have pictures here on the forum and I'm looking for any advice on the marketing of the fundraiser thank you so much to everyone

Return to “General Discussion”