New to this forum it appears to be really great

Tell us a little about yourself!
TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert
Title: Truly blessed
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

New to this forum it appears to be really great

Post by TuscaloosaQ » March 31st, 2012, 12:13 am

I found this forum while surfing the net last night at the refinery where I work I have been a master welder /fabricator for over 30 years working as a boilermaker out of the local union for years then as a rig welder in the refinery where I currently work. I now work for the refinery as a full time employee in operations and love it. I work 4 12 hour days then I am off 4 days. Just giving you a little background boring but there it is. Me and my son do fabrication work out of our shop he works full time and stays as "busy as a "gopher in soft dirt" and I work on my off days We built and are still adding to it a custom cooking trailer that I think is quite impressive. I have a couple of questions how do you post pics??? I would like to post some,we have built a few cookers in the last year and I would like to post some pics of them. Also I think we could do a good business of building cookers and selling them. I will say this and not to brag we do first class top notch work and take extreme pride in what we do. I will be the fisrt to say I do not have the market cornered on pit building and am looking foward to learning and getting ideas from other people we just enjoy doing it along with other fabrication. This I really need help with Paint and I know it exist. Where can I get top grade paint in different colors that can be sprayed on that is high temp. I see it on cookers but paint stores in Tuscaloosa Alabama are CLUELESS!!!!!!! Rattle cans will not do the job unless I am building a small cooker any help would be appreciated. You can see clearly I am no computer guru either Just a good ole country boy. God blesss you all and I promise my post will never be this long again it took me forever to type this.

TuscaloosaQ AKA"white knight of the blue light"

maccas66
Expert
Expert
Title: Aussourian Plumber

Re: New to this forum it appears to be really great

Post by maccas66 » March 31st, 2012, 12:22 am

Welcome aboard WK!, don`t worry about your computer skills and how long it took to write!, it took me that long to read it! :kewl:
with the posting of pic`s, I find Photobucket is the easiest to use! :beer:

" I`m so hungry, I`m farting fresh air!"

Gizmo
Founder
Founder
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Edna's Kids Comp Team - KCBS Certified Judge

Post by Gizmo » March 31st, 2012, 6:18 am

Welcome TuscaloosaQ - (nice name BTW) Check out the thread on here that explains how to post pics - I'm with mac - Photobucket seams to work the easiest. Looking forward to your builds. As for finishes, I used powder coat on my last one (see Edgar is underway under reverse flow) - rated at 400 degrees - but not on firebox and cook chamber is insulated so it should be okay - at least it's worked for about 8 cooks so far with no problem. :)

And on the eighth day God created barbecue …. because he DOES love us and he wants us to be happy. :D
Current smokers: Egor (trailered RF) and Easybake (tabletop pellet drive)

Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBQ Comp Team Name: https://smokerbuilderu.com

Post by Frank_Cox » April 1st, 2012, 9:58 am

Welcome TQ! just got your PM. Anyway, Glad to have you aboard and I know you will be happy here. We are all in search for better High temp paint sources. I think the best way is to get it online. I will be gathering some links soon and posting them on here. smokeone always comes along and posts the link for how to post pics But I got it this time LOL....
Click here for all the forum How To's
:beer:

The Czar
Expert
Expert
Title: Spam Hammerer
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
I'm Certifiable

Post by The Czar » April 1st, 2012, 11:18 am

:welcome: ...and :rulz: ....ask away and we will try our best to help out!!!

:strongbad: ..... :bigfoot:

If you can't fix it by sheer force or cursing......then it can't be fixed.....

AKA= The Czar

TrailerBuilder
Needs more Steel
Needs more Steel
Title: Member

Post by TrailerBuilder » April 4th, 2012, 9:50 pm

:welcome:

TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert
Title: Truly blessed

Post by TuscaloosaQ » April 5th, 2012, 11:46 am

Thanks for all of the replies,I once was told "you can not keep what you have unless you are willing to give it away" souds like a paradox doesn't it. I took it as any knowledge,help,or encouragement you should be more than willing to pass it along. I have worked in the metal trades for many many years and have seen a certain few that did not want to teach the younger guys. I personally think they were either job scared or just plum mean. Heck for me the way I saw it was the more they new the less everyone else had to do. Jest saying!!!!! Again thank's to all who replied

TuscaloosaQ AKA"white knight of the blue light"

Smokeone
Founder
Founder
Title: Builder Wannabee
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team Smokerbuilder

KCBS Certified BBQ Judge

Post by Smokeone » April 5th, 2012, 12:46 pm

First off, WELCOME!
Some how I missed this post. Anyway, glad to have you around. The more minds, the more troulbe we can get into. ;) Dont be shy around here, jump right in. We will help if we can, or at least you can help us (me).
I see Frank stole my job L-), hahaha. Please post them pics, we love to see metal taking shape.
:welcome:

BBQ is just smoke and beers!
Usually more beers than smoke.