Hello from central Illinois

Tell us a little about yourself!
smokendink71
Expert
Expert
Title: Le Cordon Bleu Chef
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Hello from central Illinois

Post by smokendink71 » June 6th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Mike but all my friends call me Dink, I've been into smoking for about 6-8 years now and really enjoy about everything there is about it. I've just recently decided to start building smoker to sell and have had some pretty good luck so far so now I'm getting a little more serious about it and trying to make a full fledged business out of it, (wish me luck). I have been welding since I was 21 when I went to work for a company building semi trailers and then went on to another company building hazardous materials cabinets, then for some strange reason (PRE-MATURE MIDLIFE CRISIS LOL) I decided I was going to go to culinary arts school, so for the last 10 years I've been in the food service industry but as of late I've just wanted to do something for myself, so here I am. I have a wife and 6 wonderful children that drive me completely frickin nuts on a regular basis, but I still love them with all my heart and do everything specifically for them (just don't tell them that, I'll deny all of it lol). I guess if you want to know anymore about me just ask, hope everyone has a real nice day. :chef:

A little about me, I am a Le Cordon Bleu Chef and have been in the food service industry for over 10 years. Any questions about food I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBQ Comp Team Name: https://smokerbuilderu.com

Re: Hello from central Illinois

Post by Frank_Cox » June 6th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Howdy dink! Great talkin to you yesterday! Glad you joined up and also the builder program! :kewl: :beer:

maccas66
Expert
Expert
Title: Aussourian Plumber

Post by maccas66 » June 7th, 2012, 1:48 am

G`day Dink!, Welcome to the show!, your plans sound great!.........over here you could use your nickname for the cookers and everyone would be proud to say they bought a " Dinky-di Smoker!, as it refers to it being deadset true blue Australian made! :rulz: :beer: :D

" I`m so hungry, I`m farting fresh air!"

SoloQue
Expert
Expert
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Irv's Smokehouse

Post by SoloQue » June 7th, 2012, 7:18 am

Hiya Dink. What part of Illinois? I've pretty much lived in every corner over the years past. Of course I'm in Alabama now but always good to hear from Illinois.

If it can't be smoked .... try frying it. It that don't work, it's probably best just left alone

The Czar
Expert
Expert
Title: Spam Hammerer
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
I'm Certifiable

Post by The Czar » June 7th, 2012, 7:19 am

:welcome: .....sounds like you got you ideas in order....which will change at least 12 times before its over....

:rulz: ...take pics and send me grub..... :D

If you can't fix it by sheer force or cursing......then it can't be fixed.....

AKA= The Czar

Smokeone
Founder
Founder
Title: Builder Wannabee
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team Smokerbuilder

KCBS Certified BBQ Judge

Post by Smokeone » June 7th, 2012, 10:11 am

:welcome: Dink!

Glad to have you!

Sounds like you have a great plan, and I wish you the best at it! :kewl: You can bet the guys here will help all they can. They will even help you deny whatever it was, that I think, that I thought I heard, or whatever, you get the point. :huh: I'll send my address,send beer! (dont tell DC tho!) :D :beer: :beer:

BBQ is just smoke and beers!
Usually more beers than smoke.

smokendink71
Expert
Expert

Post by smokendink71 » June 7th, 2012, 3:29 pm

maccas66 wrote:G`day Dink!, Welcome to the show!, your plans sound great!.........over here you could use your nickname for the cookers and everyone would be proud to say they bought a " Dinky-di Smoker!, as it refers to it being deadset true blue Australian made! :rulz: :beer: :D
Well that's a good thing except I don't have a lick of aussie in me lol, my momma gave me that nick name when I was a child because I wasn't growing, boy did I surprise her, I'm now 6'6" and weigh in around 270 lbs lol

A little about me, I am a Le Cordon Bleu Chef and have been in the food service industry for over 10 years. Any questions about food I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

smokendink71
Expert
Expert

Post by smokendink71 » June 7th, 2012, 3:31 pm

SoloQue wrote:Hiya Dink. What part of Illinois? I've pretty much lived in every corner over the years past. Of course I'm in Alabama now but always good to hear from Illinois.
Live about 45 minutes south of Champaign on I-57 town Called Mattoon

Gizmo
Founder
Founder
BBQ Comp Team Name: Edna's Kids Comp Team - KCBS Certified Judge

Post by Gizmo » June 12th, 2012, 1:04 am

6' 6" @ 270 ?

Welcome SIR!
I'm so pleased you found the site.
If you have any questions just ask and we will all drop everything and find the answer.... :D

:BS:

And on the eighth day God created barbecue …. because he DOES love us and he wants us to be happy. :D
Current smokers: Egor (trailered RF) and Easybake (tabletop pellet drive)

maccas66
Expert
Expert
Title: Aussourian Plumber

Post by maccas66 » June 12th, 2012, 1:09 am

At 6`6" and 270lbs, I`ll think of the questions for you if you like! :-ss :D

" I`m so hungry, I`m farting fresh air!"

Gizmo
Founder
Founder
BBQ Comp Team Name: Edna's Kids Comp Team - KCBS Certified Judge

Post by Gizmo » June 12th, 2012, 1:18 am

TOUCHE' =))

And on the eighth day God created barbecue …. because he DOES love us and he wants us to be happy. :D
Current smokers: Egor (trailered RF) and Easybake (tabletop pellet drive)

smokendink71
Expert
Expert

Post by smokendink71 » June 13th, 2012, 3:24 pm

nope you got me all wrong my wife calls me the gentle giant lol

onesquin
Expert
Expert

Post by onesquin » June 21st, 2012, 5:25 pm

I just joined the site today but it is good to see central illinois represented. I am from the Champaign area and just bought a 500 gal propane tank on Tuesday to get my project with my brother going.

smokendink71
Expert
Expert

Post by smokendink71 » June 21st, 2012, 6:21 pm

onesquin wrote:I just joined the site today but it is good to see central illinois represented. I am from the Champaign area and just bought a 500 gal propane tank on Tuesday to get my project with my brother going.
very cool, 500 should be large enough to do about anything you could want. I'm in Champaign on a pretty regular basis, oh and welcome to the site you will find a boat load of information and some really great guys to give it to you here.