Howdy Frum KY

Tell us a little about yourself!
JJBluegrassy
beginner
beginner

Howdy Frum KY

Post by JJBluegrassy » January 6th, 2019, 11:13 am

Hey, just want to say howdy from Ky :ymcowboy: . I have been reading the post on the GF and I love everyone has a sense of humor and not uptight engineer types who scold you everytime your weld bead doesnt look right :BDHorse: , so thanks. I wanna build a GF Charcoal burner. I am gonna buy some plans from Frank here purty shortly. I have already built a 80 gallon air tank reverse flow stick burner and love it and tending to it while its cooking, but sometimes I would like to put some meat on and go to bed and wake up in the morning and it be done. The GF would be ideal for that, plus I love to weld and build stuff too :welder: and I run a CNC plasma table for a guy here local too so I am lucky to have that. After I built my tank RF smoker I fabbed me up and ATV box grader to maintain my drive and its about done so I need to get on the GF build. I have a question, Is there a way to just look at all the pictures on here? I like looking better than reading. Some forums have that feature and just wondering if this one did. Thanks everyone and look forward to ordering Franks plans :sawzall: and start building.

Pete Mazz
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Meathead

Re: Howdy Frum KY

Post by Pete Mazz » January 6th, 2019, 11:45 am

:welcome:

If it's tourist season, how come I can't shoot 'em?

Don't speak the language? Try this: Smoker Terminology

Try my SmokerBuilder Calculators

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Post by Big T » January 6th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Welcome aboard! I don't think that viewing pictures only is an option on the forum.

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

ajfoxy
Expert
Expert
Title: Neophyte Smoker Bldr
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by ajfoxy » January 7th, 2019, 4:43 am

Welcome to the crew. I think you can only view build threads as a whole and not just the pics part. So it's you and a fancy gaming mouse with an ultra fast scroll wheel... :D

Learning generally boils down to "Repetition or the avoidance of pain", some people learn by doing, some by watching and some just have to pee on the electric fence.

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

JJBluegrassy
beginner
beginner

Post by JJBluegrassy » January 8th, 2019, 9:28 am

ajfoxy wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 4:43 am
Welcome to the crew. I think you can only view build threads as a whole and not just the pics part. So it's you and a fancy gaming mouse with an ultra fast scroll wheel... :D
Hello to you there down under. Yeah Im a hillbilly and I can read just dont like too.Pictures get to my brain faster. #-o

Return to “Introduce yourself!”