How Hot Does Your Gravity Feed Get?

Smoker Clones are your own version of a commercially available Smoker. Examples are Stumps, Jambo, Backwoods, or any other you want to try to copy.
Michael303
Just Got in trouble for buying tools

How Hot Does Your Gravity Feed Get?

Post by Michael303 » July 25th, 2016, 3:15 pm

I'm interested in hearing how hot the outside of everyone's insulated smokers get and how hot you run it.

I typically cook at 275 and I've only cooked twice on it now but I was a little surprised at how hot the outside surfaces of mine get. I use a digital smoker controller and monitor temperatures with a probe on the inside. The curbs around the ash box and chute obviously get very hot but it's the other outside surfaces that surprise me. The top, door and even handle probably aren't going to burn you but I can't touch any of those surfaces for more than a second or two without pulling my hand off. My smoker is insulated with rockwool and it does take some time for it to heat soak and get to that point. Next time I cook I'll take some temperatures on the outside with my heat gun.

scooter

Re: How Hot Does Your Gravity Feed Get?

Post by scooter » July 30th, 2016, 2:43 pm

What color is your smoker? Mine gets hot sitting in the sun and is too hot to touch.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Return to “Smoker Clones”