Grill deal

No Politics, No Religion... Smoking Allowed 8-)
Forum rules
No Politics, No Religion, Smoking is Allowed 8-)
digbigpig
Title: Sir MeatEater
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Grill deal

Post by digbigpig » November 21st, 2019, 11:54 pm

Hi folks,
I moved to a new house and now I have some free place in my backyard, and I can afford a grill for myself and my family. Insofar as I'm a newbie, and I don't have enough experience and skills I decided to create a new thread and ask you for advice. I've been searching info about grills for a week and I've found some gas grills I like.
Char-Broil, Coleman, Weber. What do you think about them? Have you experienced with them?
My father has elderly Coleman, it's not awesome, but still a quite good grill. I haven't faced other grills and don't know about them much.
I know that Weber has very good smokers, what about grills? :)

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Re: Grill deal

Post by Dirtytires » November 22nd, 2019, 12:33 am

As far as gas grills go, I’ve never found one better than Weber. I put cast iron grates on it and it was fun and easy to cook on and never disappointed. It’s best strength was it’s flavor bar system that (honestly) eliminated flare-ups. Ran for 10 years with no complaints and is still working as as I know. Have it to a friend 5 years ago when I put in an outdoor kitchen. Love the new built-in but the Weber cooker better.

Don’t fall for the shiny stainless as it wont stay shiny for long. Other than that, it’s hard to find a grill that won’t cook a steak.

Just remember....these are for cooking and will NOT do double duty as a smoker.

digbigpig
Title: Sir MeatEater
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by digbigpig » November 22nd, 2019, 2:28 am

Well, many people praise Weber's Grills, and it's quite strange that there are almost no Weber-haters. This made me buy Weber Smokey Mountain one day. And i'm satisfied with it so much, so i'll take a chance and buy their grills. I found 3 weber gas grills, and i like them all (in spite of the last one is a little bit pricey). I'll be grateful for you if you help me to sort out :roll:
1. Weber Spirit E-210
2. Weber Q Series
3. Weber Genesis II E-330
I lean towards 1-st one, what do you reckon? W8 for your reply.
Last edited by digbigpig on December 4th, 2019, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

towtruck
Expert
Expert

Post by towtruck » November 22nd, 2019, 12:07 pm

I like your third choice simply because the other two look too small to cook chicken pieces and be able to have a cool zone to move them into. For steaks and other items the small grills will work but for me I need some room to move my chicken around. I am constantly moving my pieces and turning them. Chicken flares up and it's nice to have a place to put them while the grease burns off.

mp4
Expert
Expert
Title: Independent Thinker
BBQ Comp Team Name: Just a few backyard for fun competitions.

Post by mp4 » November 22nd, 2019, 9:52 pm

I actually have older versions of all three. I bought the little one over 20 years ago and it's never failed me...great for portability and has enough space to cook for 4-6 people. I 'acquired' the medium sized one a few years ago and I drag it around for those times when there's more people than the little one will handle. It heats up fast and cooks great, but not huge. The larger one I've had for 6-7 years now and it's a permanent fixture on my deck...I just replaced the flavorizer bars. It's temps are as even throughout the grill as I've ever seen. Some advice...keep them clean. I've seen a couple of them build up with grease and catch fire and it sucks when it does.

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Post by Dirtytires » November 24th, 2019, 7:58 pm

The Q series are too small in my opinion. Had one for tailgating and sold it after the first use cause it filled up too fast.

I had the genesis series and loved it. Weber likes to add Crome and bling but keep in mind the main unit is basically the same. Plain black is easier to keep looking nice anyway and NOBODY really cares how much jewelry your grill wears if the food is good. You might find a good ‘end of season’ on a floor model right now as many retailers are clearing them out to make room for Christmas merchandise.

Return to “Off Topic Stuff”