Johny treg

No Politics, No Religion... Smoking Allowed 8-)
Forum rules
No Politics, No Religion, Smoking is Allowed 8-)
wsiddoway
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Title: new member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Johny treg

Post by wsiddoway » December 1st, 2012, 11:48 pm

I was filling up my truck in Pueblo Colorado and in the bay next to me there was a truck pulling a sweet looking smoker. I hung around to talk to the owner and out walks Johny treg. I went over to talk to him I told him he had a nice smoker. I also told him I recognized him from tv. He would not even give me the time of day he just got in his truck and drove off. I used to be a fan but not now.

maccas66
Expert
Expert
Title: Aussourian Plumber

Re: Johny treg

Post by maccas66 » December 2nd, 2012, 2:56 am

It was probably a Chebby and all!, I hate that when that happens!

" I`m so hungry, I`m farting fresh air!"

Mettle
has a junk pile that will one day smoke LOTS of BBQ

Post by Mettle » December 2nd, 2012, 7:47 am

Go easy on Johnny. He has always been ultra friendly to me. When I saw him at the Sams National he was obviously in a lot of pain.

Gizmo
Founder
Founder
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Edna's Kids Comp Team - KCBS Certified Judge

Post by Gizmo » December 2nd, 2012, 8:54 am

Seemed like a decent sort when I cooked next to him. He let me study his Jambo which was very little cause it was already too hot to do much.
He spent a fair amount of time resting up and said the overnights were getting to him a little but once he got to the next morning he was fine ... kind of a "second wind" thing I think.
We also traded bites of brisket at that comp - always wondered what #1 call brisket tasted like ... :D

And on the eighth day God created barbecue …. because he DOES love us and he wants us to be happy. :D
Current smokers: Egor (trailered RF) and Easybake (tabletop pellet drive)

TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert
Title: Truly blessed

Post by TuscaloosaQ » December 2nd, 2012, 9:02 am

He puts his pants on like me, one leg at a time

TuscaloosaQ AKA"white knight of the blue light"

alleyrat58
Expert
Expert
BBQ Comp Team Name: TWSS! BBQ

Post by alleyrat58 » December 2nd, 2012, 5:38 pm

The difference is, when his pants are on, he kicks your arse at cooking ribs. Not sure he really needs pants for that.... Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing I like more than to kick back with a Zima and a Virgina Slim reading 50 Shades of Grey with DCman (The Czar).

Smokeone
Founder
Founder
Title: Builder Wannabee
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team Smokerbuilder

KCBS Certified BBQ Judge

Post by Smokeone » December 2nd, 2012, 7:45 pm

=))

BBQ is just smoke and beers!
Usually more beers than smoke.

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Post by Tom_Heath » December 2nd, 2012, 10:07 pm

Ya know what though.

He started the same as everyone else. (((((( SAD FACE ))))))

That would be like me teaching myself to weld, and then 10 years later I have a job welding the stainless tail pipe on the space shuttle and tell some newbe to kiss off since I am a so called better welder.

Just Sayin.

He could have at least taken the time to say well thank you on the nice smoker comment, and at that point he could have just said man Im having a rough day, I dont mean to be short but I gotta run.

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

DUAYNE B
Expert
Expert

Post by DUAYNE B » December 2nd, 2012, 10:20 pm

:yth: :yth:

Brewery
Expert
Expert
Title: And there I was...

Post by Brewery » December 3rd, 2012, 7:53 pm

TuscaloosaQ wrote:He puts his pants on like me, one leg at a time
Amen brother

Why buy when you can build

TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert

Post by TuscaloosaQ » December 3rd, 2012, 8:20 pm

TuscaloosaQ wrote:
alleyrat58 wrote:The difference is, when his pants are on, he kicks your arse at cooking ribs. Not sure he really needs pants for that.... Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
You aint tasted my ribs bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he didn't do Jack at tha Jack nutin special to me!!!!! jst saying :-o :-o :o :D :D Humility is what I like in a man... Rudeness I just want tolerate
I hear you, TQ, just giving you a hard time. I've never met Johnny, don't know what this specific situation is, maybe he is a jerk, maybe there was something else going on to put him a foul mood. Either way I agree with you brother. I got no time for "too good for you" attitude.

Cheers, buddy!
:beer:

CarolinaQue
beginner
beginner

Post by CarolinaQue » December 4th, 2012, 11:54 am

Do you guys normally paint with such a broad brush based on one incident? Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he wasn't feeling well, maybe he was tired of being bothered? I know that I've talked to far more people that have had great things to say about him much more so than having negative things to say.

TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert

Post by TuscaloosaQ » December 4th, 2012, 2:05 pm

I personally am not judging noone at all I know this though it is easy to be kind and cordial all the time even when you do not feel like it :D :D :D :D :D :D

Alleyrat it is all good, I knew you were poking me a little bit, No harm No foul, this site is where I get to release occassionally

Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBQ Comp Team Name: https://smokerbuilderu.com

Post by Frank_Cox » December 4th, 2012, 7:58 pm

CarolinaQue wrote:Do you guys normally paint with such a broad brush based on one incident? Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he wasn't feeling well, maybe he was tired of being bothered? I know that I've talked to far more people that have had great things to say about him much more so than having negative things to say.
It's all good bro, no haters here....
He has always been nice to me when I see him at comps. He don't usually seem to remember me tho. Polar Bear has interviewed him and he remembered him lol. I imagine it ain't easy livin in the spot light for sure.

The Czar
Expert
Expert
Title: Spam Hammerer
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
I'm Certifiable

Post by The Czar » December 5th, 2012, 8:16 am

And to my understanding his health has been somewhat on the bad side of late and he is in a fair amount of physical pain....I wouldn't take it personally.... :beer:

If you can't fix it by sheer force or cursing......then it can't be fixed.....

AKA= The Czar

wsiddoway
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Title: new member

Post by wsiddoway » December 5th, 2012, 9:33 am

I did not take it personaly. I guess some times you have a certian immage in your mind on how someone you look up to would be if you could ever meet them. I know that if I was traveling and Someone started talking to me about my smoker I would be there for an hour talking bbq its one of my favorite things to talk about. Well no big deal if I saw him again I would still go try to talk to him you dont get famos by not being good.

HARRY BARKER
Expert
Expert

Post by HARRY BARKER » December 5th, 2012, 7:05 pm

the guy is well enough to drive pulling a smoker and filling up at a gas station and cant acknowledge someone......i'd tell him to go #*** himself.plain and simple.

Image Image

DUAYNE B
Expert
Expert

Post by DUAYNE B » December 5th, 2012, 9:00 pm

I do believe it just takes a second to acknowledge someone by a wave or thanks, maybe he didnt realize, who knows
:chef: :oopssign: :help:

Mettle

Post by Mettle » December 6th, 2012, 10:18 am

Wow, I'll take it a step further (given the last comments) WTF are you that he owes you anything?

Just a thought worth pondering.

That being said, I bet you are a good enough guy and you can say hi to me and I will respond, well if I hear you.

TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert

Post by TuscaloosaQ » December 8th, 2012, 9:11 am

Yall all need to move down to Alabama, we wave and say hi to everybody we call it common curtisey. You hold doors for for people, say yes mam,no mam, thank you sir, and please. When you don't speak to people we say "Can you believe he just high hat'ed me" I went to school years ago in Ohio and this old lady asked me Why are you so nice, you always say "yes mam" and I told her It was the way I was raised if you did not when you got home you were subject to get the blood cut out of your legs by a peach tree limb. More kids need that today, just plumb do not no what respect is, and are Lazy. I thank the good lord I have taught my son better. Dang it boy, how did I get off on that tanget..... In any event Johnny Trig should learn a little "common curtisy" He would not fair well on my side of town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((( You never get a second chance to make a first impression))))))))

SoloQue
Expert
Expert
BBQ Comp Team Name: Irv's Smokehouse

Post by SoloQue » December 8th, 2012, 10:06 am

TuscaloosaQ wrote:Yall all need to move down to Alabama
My first day of class in an Alabama school was 7th grade in Fairhope AL in 1974. The teacher was calling roll and asked if she had pronounced my name correctly. I quickly answered "yea", she took a step towards me and stated "I didn't hear you clearly, did I pronounce you name correctly?" Again I answered "yea". Again she stepped a bit closer and now was basically right in front of me and she asked "young man, would you please repeat your answer". By now I'm thinking she just can't hear so with a bit of volume I replied "YEA". I never saw it coming, this old bat was a Jedi warrior with a yard stick. She literally striped my cheek bone with a yardstick, leaned forward and whispered "you will not disrespect me in my class, the proper and only answer will be yes ma'am or no ma'am". Well let me tell you it wasn't the "WELCOME TO ALABAMA" I was expecting but I got the point and haven't ever forgotten it. :D

If it can't be smoked .... try frying it. It that don't work, it's probably best just left alone

TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert

Post by TuscaloosaQ » December 8th, 2012, 7:52 pm

now a days parents would want to sue EVERYBODY!!!! Kids need more of that Jedi warrrior

Smokeone
Founder
Founder
Title: Builder Wannabee
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team Smokerbuilder

KCBS Certified BBQ Judge

Post by Smokeone » December 8th, 2012, 8:53 pm

:ymapplause:

BBQ is just smoke and beers!
Usually more beers than smoke.

CarolinaQue
beginner
beginner

Post by CarolinaQue » December 9th, 2012, 10:22 am

TuscaloosaQ wrote:now a days parents would want to sue EVERYBODY!!!! Kids need more of that Jedi warrrior
Nope...I would beat that teacher with her own yard stick if she hit my kid across the face with it, under any circumstance...especially if she hadn't propperly instructed my child on correct protocal in the class room before hand. All over a child responding the way they've known based on their prior experience because that's how things always were for them? Seriously? Have a bit of an ego complex? Sorry, that does not constitute a smack across the face just because things are done differently in your part of the world. An explanation to the child of what is expected now that they are in a different enviroment will suffice. If things don't change, then it's time for other measures...but not until I am informed as a parent.

SmokinFF
Expert
Expert

Post by SmokinFF » December 9th, 2012, 10:26 am

My how times have changed!!! I can guarantee I've forgotten talkins to, but I damn sure remeber the good 'ol fashioned ass whoopins.

Current Smokers: Junk Char Griller, Mini UDS (Hydrant build), UDS (Bud Select can)

Return to “Off Topic Stuff”