Trailer advise?

Haul in here to talk trailers.
lostbuckaroo
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Trailer advise?

Post by lostbuckaroo » March 7th, 2013, 12:45 pm

The guy up the road has this trailer for sale he's asking $350 for it... looks like it is a converted boat trailer... has expanded metal and a flat deck added on... Thinking about making a 250 gal RF smoker in the future... what do you think about this trailer as a base for it??? Good start? or better off building my own?
Attachments
IMG_4661.JPG

TuscaloosaQ
Expert
Expert
Title: Truly blessed

Re: Trailer advise?

Post by TuscaloosaQ » March 7th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Well as I see it the trailer above appears top be 5ft by 10ft I can get my parts for the trailer new for around 400$ then about 200$ for steel. That being said the axel placement on the above trailer appears to be close but it seems to me that you will have to put some money and labor in the above trailer. Weigh the odds that is just what I see. I personally build my own trailers so I know how it was built and why. Is that a 2000# axel I would want 3500# due to the fact that weight adds up quick and you may want a warmer and other add os later.

TuscaloosaQ AKA"white knight of the blue light"

lostbuckaroo
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Needs a Bigger Shop!
Title: Member

Re: Trailer advise?

Post by lostbuckaroo » March 7th, 2013, 2:39 pm

TuscaloosaQ wrote:Well as I see it the trailer above appears top be 5ft by 10ft I can get my parts for the trailer new for around 400$ then about 200$ for steel. That being said the axel placement on the above trailer appears to be close but it seems to me that you will have to put some money and labor in the above trailer. Weigh the odds that is just what I see. I personally build my own trailers so I know how it was built and why. Is that a 2000# axel I would want 3500# due to the fact that weight adds up quick and you may want a warmer and other add os later.
Thanks TQ that answers my question! I will build my own! :kewl: Enjoyed listening to you on the radio show the other day!

Return to “Trailer Fabrication”