Gantry

Talk about welders and metal working equipment.
Puff
Expert
Expert
Title: Always All In !

Gantry

Post by Puff » February 2nd, 2014, 12:21 am

I've been lacking something in my garage for 20 years and the biggest is being able to lift some larger bulky pieces. I found this on line and thought I might share it here since so may of us are lifting more bulk than we probably should. Those with forklifts excluded. I'm starting this this weekend. I'll make it wide enough to fit in my garage and press up against the wall able to roll out on command. I think the outriggers are a good idea. Check it out

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/shop-too ... ect-2.html

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

UFO8MyCow
beginner
beginner

Re: Gantry

Post by UFO8MyCow » February 2nd, 2014, 2:25 am

I like the design. If only I had space in my garage to store it.

SmokinFF
Expert
Expert
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Gantry

Post by SmokinFF » February 2nd, 2014, 7:18 am

Duh UFO, that's the selling point to the wife. Honey, I need a bigger garage to fit this gantry I saw. After all you're building cookers so you can feed the fam. :beer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Smokers: Junk Char Griller, Mini UDS (Hydrant build), UDS (Bud Select can)

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: Gantry

Post by Rodcrafter » February 2nd, 2014, 12:48 pm

If you build it with the vertical leg(s) out of pipe, use pins or bolts to lock it in position, you would be able to spin the a-frame structure of each side. This would allow storing it next to the wall only taking approximately 8 inches rather than several feet.
I've used from 2 ton to 400 ton gantries for many years, also made several add on parts for them.
jm2cw

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Return to “Welding and Metal Working”