Discussion about Reverse Flow Smokers
BBsSmokeShack
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker
Title: Pitmaster
BBQ Comp Team Name: BB’s Smoke Shack and Daycare

Cook Chamber Damper

Post by BBsSmokeShack » December 27th, 2014, 9:39 am

Good morning gentlemen. I purchased the BBQ 911 smoker plans and plan on building it with a minor modification-I'm going to build the warming cabinet all the way back to the cook chamber to eliminate the 2" gap between the warming cabinet and the cook chamber and to save buying a 4th sheet of steel!

Just had a couple questions for Frank or others. Is the cook chamber damper necessary? I've seen on a lot of builds here and other reverse flows there isn't one. I'm thinking the primary temp control would come through the air intake dampers and I would probably keep the cook chamber damper open at all times. Am I flawed in my reasoning here? One more question...can I use 1/8" flat stock on the doors instead of 1/4" so they don't stand up as much? Thanks for all the help guys!!

Throwin' Logs and Smokin' Hogs

On Facebook Brandon Burgin
Current Equipment: 250 gallon propane tank RF Trailer Mount with Rib Box, Oil Drum offset smoker, Stumps Elite 4

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Re: Cook Chamber Damper

Post by Tom_Heath » December 27th, 2014, 9:43 am

Welcome to the site smoke shack. I am not well versed on this particular set of plans so we will have to wait for others to reply also. I personally would want the damper from the fire box to the warmer chamber. I have seen too many guys cook amazing pizza that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

BBsSmokeShack
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker
Title: Pitmaster
BBQ Comp Team Name: BB’s Smoke Shack and Daycare

Post by BBsSmokeShack » December 27th, 2014, 10:09 am

Thank you sir! I'm definitely going with the FB to WC damper...just wasn't sure about FB to CC. Thank you for your quick reply! Looking forward to getting going on this thing been saving money for steel for quite a while.

Throwin' Logs and Smokin' Hogs

On Facebook Brandon Burgin
Current Equipment: 250 gallon propane tank RF Trailer Mount with Rib Box, Oil Drum offset smoker, Stumps Elite 4

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Post by Tom_Heath » December 27th, 2014, 10:38 am

Gotcha. Sorry about that. I read it a little to fast.

I have always had a dream to have a rig similar to a southern pride with a smoke extraction system. The cc damper is the closest I have ever gotten.

It does offer the ability to help control a over built fire to some degree.

I would use 1/4 in for the actual door but for the flange/door trim I do not see any issue using 1/8 in.

If you use stiffeners on the inside to keep the door to keep it true. Then I would use 1/4 in. But these would be on edge anyways not affecting the thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!