we need another forum category!

Instructional posts about How to use the Forums. Feel free to ask questions here also.
oregon doug
beginner
beginner

we need another forum category!

Post by oregon doug » January 1st, 2015, 10:59 pm

Don't know how to suggest this but I'd like to see a "catering" category so we can discuss how to make MONEY at his bbq game!
I'm sure there are a lot of caterers and restaurant folks on here. I would love to have some way to share our ideas and get the green flowing!
Doug

Pennywise
Expert
Expert
Title: Bearded Wonder
BBQ Comp Team Name: WMD BBQ

Re: we need another forum category!

Post by Pennywise » January 2nd, 2015, 7:36 am

Not a bad idea. Unless there are two caterers in the same zip code, then all the sudden one would be like "HEY! HE STOLE MY CUSTOMER!!!"

In all seriousness, I plan on renting myself out as a way to put my food out there as well as secure funds for competitions once my smoker is up and running. I'd pay close attention to a section like that.

Clover Ridge Smokers
Expert
Expert
Title: Driven By Passion
BBQ Comp Team Name: Clover Ridge Smokers

Post by Clover Ridge Smokers » January 2nd, 2015, 7:45 am

This is something Frank will need to add.

Driven by Passion, Limited by Imagination

The Czar
Expert
Expert
Title: Spam Hammerer
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
I'm Certifiable

Post by The Czar » January 2nd, 2015, 9:47 am

That has been in the works...but we've been waiting to update the server...but it is in the books!!!

If you can't fix it by sheer force or cursing......then it can't be fixed.....

AKA= The Czar

Culinairezaken
Wants to build a smoker
Wants to build a smoker

Post by Culinairezaken » January 2nd, 2015, 1:13 pm

Sound like a good plan!

DUAYNE B
Expert
Expert
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by DUAYNE B » January 2nd, 2015, 5:04 pm

I, d read the snot outta that :BD:

oregon doug
beginner
beginner

Post by oregon doug » January 3rd, 2015, 7:23 pm

here's my latest plan for hiring out:

Around here we have many new breweries and "growler fill stations" (where you can drink beer or take a container to fill.
However, many of them don't have food, or really crappy snacks at the minimum. I have approached two about coming in and trailering the smoker in for a Saturday or perhaps a special event.
My plan is for one of them to have me there for Superbowl. to eliminate guesswork and have NO wasted food I want to do ribs with potato salad and that is all! Since they are already on Facebook and have a good following, they will announce it and promote it, and I want to have people pre-order their rack or half-rack, that way I know exactly how many I need and they are paid for, so if someone doesn't show up, too bad for them.
I will have some extra racks if I have room or maybe a couple of butts for sandwiches or sliders. I've had great results with little pork sliders at $2.00 each or 3 for $5. people almost always go for the $5 option. We've sold out of sliders every time we do these at football games and BBQ competitions. and they are profitable.
I figure the racks to go for a full rack for $25 half for $14. this makes most folks opt for the full. my observation in the Northwest is that 3-4 meaty St Louis Spares are about what most people eat. So splitting a full rack between 3-4 people makes a full rack affordable.
We have also done hot drums- smoked drumsticks dunked in buffalo sauce and they are popular and a good profit. Drums sold for $2 each.