iGrill2 in stock?

Any Accessories you can think of that you can build for your smoker or for cooking on your smoker.
Puff
Expert
Expert
Title: Always All In !

Re: iGrill2 in stock?

Post by Puff » January 16th, 2015, 7:21 pm

Still waiting for the one I'd ordered direct from them.

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

noXcuse
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by noXcuse » January 16th, 2015, 8:26 pm

That's not cool man. They already gave me a tracking number for my replacement unit.

Mankussm
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Title: Deerhunter

Post by Mankussm » January 18th, 2015, 1:11 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421604662.834215.jpg
Lowes!

120 RF Trailer Rig
90 RF Patio Model
90 RF Patio Model (build underway)
Always looking for a new build!

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » January 18th, 2015, 3:19 pm

I emailed them yesterday.. I did place my order on December 30. I remain calm til I hear from them by TUESDAY. Beyond that...stand back :strongbad:

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

Mankussm
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Title: Deerhunter

Post by Mankussm » January 18th, 2015, 3:57 pm

I just bought one with two probes for $99.99 at lowes. I lucked out I guess.

120 RF Trailer Rig
90 RF Patio Model
90 RF Patio Model (build underway)
Always looking for a new build!

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » January 18th, 2015, 5:26 pm

Gave my son the ET-733 Maverick along with the smoker I'd built as part of his Christmas gift. I took it back from him the next 2 days after reading noXcuse's posts and returned it to Amazon. I told him it might be a few weeks so there is really no rush BUT.... They vacuumed the money out of the account mighty fast. Many on-line companies typically wait til the item is shipped before they bill you so...If that's their policy...my policy is BETTER SHIP THE DARN THING NOW!

I need another for my self so I may head down to Sam's this week, then see what's out there.

noXcuse
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by noXcuse » January 18th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Have you called or emailed them? Your post is making me wonder if they're sending me a refurbished one. I emailed them on Friday and asked if it was, but got no reply. All of my technical emails were replied to same day. I'll be HOT if it is a refurb.

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » January 18th, 2015, 9:33 pm

Emailed...waiting until Tuesday to hear back

Pennywise
Expert
Expert
Title: Bearded Wonder
BBQ Comp Team Name: WMD BBQ

Post by Pennywise » January 19th, 2015, 8:23 am

OK used it yesterday for the first time. Initial off the cuff....I love it.

I did have issues with occasional disconnect. It would only happen for about 5 seconds and then re-connect. I tried to push a probe through a piece of coal, but it kept breaking. Guess I need to drill it? Anyhow I rested it on top of the small block of coal and was shocked how much cooler the grate temp was than the readings I got from my 3 thermo's in the smoker. I always ignored the Brinkmann thermo cause it was so high up in the door I knew it couldn't be an accurate temp at grates, but I added two on either end about 3 inches above the grates and thought they were accurately telling me the temp...come to find out they are about 50 degrees higher than actual grate temp. This helped me keep my fire going better, but I will verify that with a boil test later today.

My favorite parts are:
1) when you turn it on, it automatically will turn on your BT on your phone...I disable mine so it doesn't eat batteries. This was a plus.
2) The customization for temp range and peak temp is outstanding. My old one had pre-sets....165 is as high as it would go, and every 5 degrees over it would beep at me like I was retarded or had passed out drunk. Now I can set Chicken to 175 without having to double check it. I also can set my initial pork butt temp to 160, then once I wrap it I have another pre-set I made to take it to 195.

Overall its night and day different from what I was using. I DO have Queview, but haven't uploaded it yet, so I will in awhile.

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Post by Rodcrafter » January 19th, 2015, 11:14 am

Pennywise wrote: I tried to push a probe through a piece of coal, but it kept breaking.
Hey PW,
That pic I showed you wasn't coal it just looks like it that is an experienced piece of oak, you might say it has been seasoned. I drilled a hole in it.

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Pennywise
Expert
Expert

Post by Pennywise » January 19th, 2015, 11:27 am

Rodcrafter wrote:
Pennywise wrote: I tried to push a probe through a piece of coal, but it kept breaking.
Hey PW,
That pic I showed you wasn't coal it just looks like it that is an experienced piece of oak, you might say it has been seasoned. I drilled a hole in it.
Ahh that makes more sense!

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » January 19th, 2015, 1:25 pm

Received a note today from Sonia and customer service they say they are shipping next week and possibly sooner so will see what happens

noXcuse
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by noXcuse » January 19th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Mine would disconnect until I logged back into the app. Then it would reconnect. Whenever that happened, it would reset the timer that I had setup. Not that I would use the timer much, but I could see it as an issue in the future. Check out this screenshot. When it disconnects, the graph just draws a straight line between the points of connection.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1421708906629.png

Pennywise
Expert
Expert

Post by Pennywise » January 20th, 2015, 8:06 am

Ahh I didn't use a timer. I will have to test that function.

Does it disconnect when you just use the range or peak settings?

noXcuse
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by noXcuse » January 20th, 2015, 5:37 pm

That above screenshot is in range mode. That's the red lines on the graph. I just got my new unit, and same thing. I've come to the conclusion that their android app sucks bad. I just emailed them a long email explaining what happened with this new unit, and made it very clear that I'm not happy. And I asked if they have any intentions of fixing the app. And if not, I want a refund and they can have their $100 paper weight back. It really makes me hot that I talked this thing up so much and posted lots of screenshots telling everyone how awesome it is, then a few people on here run out and get one, and now it's nothing but issues.

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Post by Tom_Heath » January 20th, 2015, 7:53 pm

If it's any consolation. I have the I 6. May get to try it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

Smokeone
Founder
Founder
Title: Builder Wannabee
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team Smokerbuilder

KCBS Certified BBQ Judge

Post by Smokeone » January 20th, 2015, 8:25 pm

Does that mean you are gonna cook for the pig stickin?

BBQ is just smoke and beers!
Usually more beers than smoke.

noXcuse
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by noXcuse » January 20th, 2015, 8:28 pm

I read the reviews on the Apple store, and didn't see many connection issues at all. The android version of the app is littered with connectivity issues. I guess when you buy something that starts with "i" for an Android, you should expect issues. The problem is, there are 200 different android phones, tablets, TV's, etc. And not all of them are the same. There are only a few iOS devices, so the developers can fine tune the apps better.

The Czar
Expert
Expert
Title: Spam Hammerer
BBQ Comp Team Name: Team SmokerBuilder- Competition BBQ Team
I'm Certifiable

Post by The Czar » January 20th, 2015, 9:10 pm

Or the guys at HQ?

If you can't fix it by sheer force or cursing......then it can't be fixed.....

AKA= The Czar

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » January 20th, 2015, 9:30 pm

Well I'd be happy to be another squeaky wheel if it does that for mine. Using both ios and Android whenever it shows up.

Let's be practical....I would THINK that they understand the power of positive reviews in a place like this. It's their market here and on other cooking places.
Last edited by Puff on January 20th, 2015, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmokinFF
Expert
Expert

Post by SmokinFF » January 20th, 2015, 9:30 pm

He's skipping HQ. He's got cooler things to do. Like hang out with S1 and myself. =))

Current Smokers: Junk Char Griller, Mini UDS (Hydrant build), UDS (Bud Select can)

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Post by Tom_Heath » January 20th, 2015, 10:53 pm

lol, actually I am having a double header this weekend. Going to franks Fri morning. FF's sat and sun. Then back to franks moon to finish out soon drums.

S1, should I even ask what we cook at FF's? And heck ya I'll cook, give it my best anyways.

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

Rodcrafter

Post by Rodcrafter » January 21st, 2015, 7:47 am

Now Tom with that much socializing you are going to be the only thing getting cooked or is that pickled?

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

Pennywise
Expert
Expert

Post by Pennywise » January 21st, 2015, 8:02 am

I use the Samsung Galaxy S4 and have no issues with connectivity. Sorry your having a problem Xcuse.

Puff
Expert
Expert

Post by Puff » January 21st, 2015, 9:38 am

I found noXcuses issues a bit troublesome. So last night I composed a note expressing my concerns with the apps and...I did mention that the maverick was clearly the standard in the BBQ and smoker world. Additionally explained how many of the forum members have great interest in what could be the new king of thermometers. In fact, several have purchased and more have been placed on a wait list. I would believe that a great reputation will be made or broken in the land of user opinion and with that type of exposure in so many cooking forums....and then queried whether the apps will be performing up to the demands of use.
Here is what I received a few hours later this morning....

"Sorry for the late reply, yes the operating system is very reliable IOS and Android. On the other hand you have to have a compatible device, meaning iPhone 4s or higher and Android operating system 4.3 or higher. Thanks for sending over those pictures of your smoker, Im sure you can't wait to use your iGrill2 for some fabulous meals!!"

My guess is .....looking forward to getting it quick

Return to “Smoker Accessories”