HeaterMeter Control of Reverse Offset.

Discussion about Reverse Flow Smokers
pr0wlunwoof
Expert
Expert

HeaterMeter Control of Reverse Offset.

Post by pr0wlunwoof » December 6th, 2017, 2:50 pm

Has anyone tried to use a Heatermeter or any other digital control to regulate airflow/temperature in their reverse flow? If so can you give me a rundown of fan/cubic Feet Per minute etc on your setup.

Thanks,

Heatermeter builder
Needs more Steel
Needs more Steel
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: HeaterMeter Control of Reverse Offset.

Post by Heatermeter builder » December 6th, 2017, 3:06 pm

pr0wlunwoof wrote:Has anyone tried to use a Heatermeter or any other digital control to regulate airflow/temperature in their reverse flow? If so can you give me a rundown of fan/cubic Feet Per minute etc on your setup.

Thanks,
There are alot of variables that can come into play if an Temp controller will work or not.

If you are a using on a stick burner, then most likely it won't work very well, as you need to continuously open the door to feed in wood and each time that adds air to the fire causing the Heatermeter to work hard to control the temperature.

If you are going to use charcoal, then you need to make sure all air leaks are sealed and it's as stable as you can get it before using any controller.

Blower size. You will probably need a bfb1012hh sized blower it's a 28cfm blower. I use one on my UDS, but only at a maximum of 30%, which would be about 8.4cfm.

A temp controller can work on any setup as long as it's a stable setup. I would not recommend it on a stick burner

If you would like information about building your own heatermeter or having someone build one for you, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

pr0wlunwoof
Expert
Expert

Re: HeaterMeter Control of Reverse Offset.

Post by pr0wlunwoof » December 9th, 2017, 8:16 am

That makes sense. I have a pretty air tight fb. I might give it a try. I see the point with wood. Keeping a clean burn would be more difficult. Time to Start fabricating my charcoal maker.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk