plans for the dirtt smoker

Tell us a little about yourself!
jaycooksdirtt
beginner
beginner

plans for the dirtt smoker

Post by jaycooksdirtt » August 7th, 2012, 9:17 am

My fabrication guys is on holidays, he forgot to let me know that tidbit of knowledge, so I am going to try and post the plans here to get some advice and refine the plans before he gets back. Thanks for any help!

Jay.
Attachments
smoker plans.png

Gizmo
Founder
Founder
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Edna's Kids Comp Team - KCBS Certified Judge

Re: plans for the dirtt smoker

Post by Gizmo » August 7th, 2012, 12:09 pm

First glance I would say maybe move the stack around one wall so it exits out the top above the firebox and baffle - IF that's a baffle plate I'm seeing running across just above the FB with a gap on the right side.
Is your draft 8.25 square inches? If so that seems a little smallish ... but that's just a hunch...
Otherwise it looks plausible.
Have you run the calcs on it to know if your FB, transfer opening, etc. are the right sizes? :)

And on the eighth day God created barbecue …. because he DOES love us and he wants us to be happy. :D
Current smokers: Egor (trailered RF) and Easybake (tabletop pellet drive)

jaycooksdirtt
beginner
beginner

Re: plans for the dirtt smoker

Post by jaycooksdirtt » August 8th, 2012, 8:44 am

Thanks for the advice Rick, I will draw it up under 2.0, gonna add a basket for the charcoal on long burns. The whole smoker will be wrapped in 2" of rockwool and gordo said he would like to clad it with stainless diamond plate. I think thats a little over the top and expensive too, look for the updated drawing soon!