New to forum

Tell us a little about yourself!
gusibole
Wants More tools
Wants More tools
Title: Old School Marine
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

New to forum

Post by gusibole » October 29th, 2011, 2:39 pm

Hey all,
Like the forum. Been snooping around getting ideas for my reverse flow build. Got all the orifice calcs, now putting things on paper. Ideas just keep coming. Have to choose a design and stick with it or it will be just one hellacious idea and no smoker. This will be my first build. Still acquiring material. Looking forward to getting started and have set finish date of April or May. No hurry, just want to get it right the first time.

Self Built Custom Reverse Flow YEMX

sassy's
beginner
beginner
Title: aspiring competitor
BBQ Comp Team Name: Sassy's BBQ

Re: New to forum

Post by sassy's » October 29th, 2011, 3:33 pm

I am in the same boats, lots of ideas, little material, and confused. I am also new to this site, but have found it is very informative and these guys answer as soon as they can, other sites are like pulling teeth to get a reply. I was even thinking that with the promptness of replies that I got this morning that maybe someone should get their iphone taken away. Dang that guy is quick.

sassy's
beginner
beginner
Title: aspiring competitor
BBQ Comp Team Name: Sassy's BBQ

Post by sassy's » October 29th, 2011, 3:33 pm

Oh yeah, welcome aboard. \:D/

Tom_Heath
Founder
Founder
Title: TortillaTom
BBQ Comp Team Name: SmokerBuilder

Post by Tom_Heath » October 29th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Welcome to the site, its great to hear the good comments about the site.

Hummmm wonder who your talking about with the I Phone. LMAO not me.... I have an Atrix...... LOL

But the good news is that my computer is back now.

Throw some of your ideas out there and we can try and offer what we have learned from experience.
If your undecided on what type of rig to go with, check out the plans site in the banner above. That will give ya an idea of several different styles.

Click here : How to Upload Pics (Video) | Click here : Are you on FaceBook? |
--->Click here : Need plans for your build? OR Message me at ---->>> https://m.me/SmokerPlans
--->Are you interested in building smokers for profit?
Click here : Shoot me a PM to learn about a new opportunity launching soon!

Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBQ Comp Team Name: https://smokerbuilderu.com

Post by Frank_Cox » October 29th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Welcome to the site!!!!
The plans are also how we keep this site alive LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Gizmo
Founder
Founder
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Edna's Kids Comp Team - KCBS Certified Judge

Post by Gizmo » October 30th, 2011, 5:27 am

Welcome gusibole! I've been in your shoes professionally several times trying a new idea. What I finally decided is to think of my first copy of the idea as it's own school. Build it with the most straight forward approach you can using the tips and calcs you get here then let IT teach YOU how it wants to ACTUALLY work. Odds are good that it will work and be marketable to someone else allowing you a chance to build the second one almost exactly like you learned it should be and how you want it. Most of the fantastic builds you see here are only fantastic because the builders have all made enough mistakes to know which way to take an idea for better success. Frank encourages adjustable designs so you can tune the device after it's built - that really increases your chances for success too. Clear as mud? Just trying to help you surround your ideas to make your decisions so you can see some progress. :) - Rick

And on the eighth day God created barbecue …. because he DOES love us and he wants us to be happy. :D
Current smokers: Egor (trailered RF) and Easybake (tabletop pellet drive)